- Updated the Cracking (API 581) Probability of Failure (PoF) Model to calculate all cracking mechanisms if multiple are present on an Asset Risk Analysis (ARA) and choose the worst case based on damage factor rather than choosing the worst case based on susceptibility.
- Added the ability for the following cracking mechanisms to be run with the Cracking (API 581) PoF Model:
- Carbonate SCC
- Hydrogen Stress Cracking in Hydrofluoric Acid
- HIC/SOHIC in Hydrofluoric Acid
- Amine Cracking
- Ammonia Stress Corrosion Cracking
- Added a Failure Mechanism calculator to calculate susceptibility for Internal Chloride Stress Corrosion Cracking.
- Updated the way MTBF is calculated to produce a more mathematically correct result.
- Changed the Coating Age field to a Coating Install Date field.
- Added several new fields on Stream Details and Asset/Component Details for future failure mechanism calculators.
- Added the ability to link and use Pressure and Temperature in Newton for the Creep PoF Model. Previously this model was using data that was not user-provided.
- Added the ability to jump back to the system model from various locations in the application.
Multi Company Enhancements
We have rolled out a new feature that allows your Newton account to have access to multiple companies at once. This means that if you have access to more than one company in Newton, you can seamlessly switch between the two. We have also added custom URL prefixes.
Please Note: The default URL for Newton has changed to pinnacle.newton.vantagesoftware.net.
We reformatted the CML layout in the Details tab of the ARA and brought some additional enhancements:
- Thickness and Tubular readings have been combined together.
- Removed Pump Performance readings. You can use Monitoring Readings to manage this data going forward.
- Enabled the graphical view of reading data without having to run any calculations.
- Added the ability to ignore CMLs or CML readings so that you can censor bad data without removing it from the system.
- Added the ability to search the Ranked CML gird in the Results tab.
Facility Level Model
We added the ability to create a model of units at the facility level. This feature allows users to create a reliability block diagram of units and brings the first pass of multi-unit support to Newton.
We have overhauled our default dashboard and brought on a new Insights feature.
As part of this feature we have given our built-in Facility dashboard multi-unit functionality.
We have also given you the ability to create and embed your own dashboards, this even supports dashboards from external sources.
Release Hole Size
Defined a probable Release Hole Size for all Failure Mechanism Calculators. By default, Newton will determine the release hole size as part of the susceptibility calculation. This output can be overridden if needed.
Probability of Failure Updates
We made two major PoF calculation updates with this release. We are now cropping all time series data (PoF Over Time, Risk Over Time) to match the date range that is set at the Facility. This will make charts much more consistent overall.
We updated the Cracking (API 581) PoF Model to return a true probability of failure curve rather than a hazard rate (what it was previously displaying).
- Fixed an issue where the Results screen would not correctly refresh after running a calculation.
- Fixed an issue where users were able to delete assets that were in the system model by deleting a System or Sub-System in the Asset Register. This would result in a corrupted system model.
- Fixed an issue where messages for a single user were being displayed to all users.
- Fixed an issue where the charts on the result screen were not loading to the full browser width.
- Resolved several save issues on the ARA Details tab, the Steam Data screen, and the Failure Mode card.
- Fixed an issue where some users were not able to create scenarios.
- Fixed an issue where some users were not able to load some ARAs, failure modes, or failure mechanisms.
- Resolved an issue where a climate set to Unknown at the Asset level would prevent the failure mechanism calculators to fall back to Unit Level Climate.
- The Unspecified Internal Corrosion Calculator was incorrectly referencing mechanisms other than Internal Thinning mechanisms to determine susceptibility.
- Resolved an issue where users were not receiving welcome messages when being added to Newton.
- The Stream Data import was allowing users to import values more than 100% for percentages.