We are excited to be releasing the new and improved Task management UI on the assessment. We are working hard to continue to improve this feature and would love your feedback.
You can now define a task that is applied to the entire asset.
You now add all costs, duration, and downtime directly in task Steps, instead of associating task modifiers or using overrides.
You now select the specific set of Failure Mode, Damage Mode, and Damage Location for each task, instead of having Newton make those assumptions without displaying the set on the screen.
You can now manage tasks that are not yet scheduled in the same way that you manage other tasks. "Potential" is status like "Planned" or "Completed", and you can use the new feature of Task Definitions to standardize across the facility.
You no longer need to link a task to an Event; the information is now included directly in the task.
The screen to edit and update a task have an improved layout to help you more easily find the fields that are needed.
The structure of task management can now support improved future functionality.
- The "Asset Task Data" has been reformatted to accommodate these changes. Old import sheets will no longer work.
Quantitative Inspection Effectiveness
Users can now calculate a Quantified Inspection Effectiveness, QIE for individual tasks. We are release this for early testing as a beta feature. The QIE calculation does not affect the overall PoF/Risk calculation on the assessment.
- A new “Susceptible Area” needs to be created in the Assessment and linked to the relevant task(s). This defines regions of the asset or component that are particularly susceptible to specific failure mode, damage mode, and location.
- Task completion details are defined in the QIE tab such as percent of region inspected, percent of region with damage indicated, and task probability of detection.
- The user can evaluate a distribution of “Inspection Effectiveness” and a curve of “Confidence Levels” to evaluate the quantified inspection effectiveness results.
- The “Inspection Effectiveness” distribution describes the probability distribution of total additional indications of the damage mode.
- The “Confidence Levels” plots the confidence levels for tasks within the susceptible area at increasing sample sizes.
We are in the process of improving our import/export load sheets to provide the following field validation. We are rolling this feature out to select tenants. If you would like early access for your tenant please reach out to Newton Client Success.
Drop down picklists in cells for fields that require certain values
Verifying numeric fields do not allow characters
For percentage fields, we restrict % range (0 - 100)
Can restrict length of text fields
- All Boolean fields are in drop downs but accept : True/False
Red header text means the field is required for Add/Update
Blue header text means the field is required for Update/Delete
All header text is in bold
- Tooltips for the field are displayed in header
The top row is locked so when you scroll to the bottom the headers are always visible
We improved the visual design and usability of grids throughout Newton. Grids will now allow you to scroll in the grid and maintain it's headers at the top. The Areas, Tasks, & Readings screen will now allow you to switch between a grid view and a card view. Double clicking a row in any grid will navigate you to an edit screen.
We're also rolling out an improvement to the way asset/component attributes are displayed. Some facilities will see improved grouping and ordering of attributes. If you're interested in seeing this change in your facility, let Newton Client Success know.
- Removed unused Task and Asset attributes fields that were used in the old Task feature
- Fixed an issue where the damage factor was not being summed correctly for certain combinations of Failure Mechanisms with internal/external damage locations and general/local damage modes
- Resolved an issue where certain large assets running a compute heavy PoF Model would take a very long time to calculate. Certain assets that would take ~30 minutes to calculate will now take ~10 minutes. We are continuing to work on reducing this time.
- Fixed an issue where certain calculations using the API PoF Models would appear to hang and not complete.
- Allowed assessments using the new Multipath Thinning PoF Model to be used in our Task Optimization R&D project.
- Potential tasks aren't shown on the PoF assessment screen. You can see them using the expandable pane on the right, and then filtering the tasks down to potential status only. Improvements to this issue will be available in an upcoming release.